Here are some ideas for students to continue learning from home, until we are back together!
- Have your kids spend two or three 15-20 minute chunks of time a day doing “read to self”...they know what that is, we do it everyday.
- After every book they read they have some options: write title/characters/setting/problem/solution, write a review of the book, write an informational paragraph about something they learned if they are reading a nonfiction text.
- Write letters to nursing home patients.
- Play card games where cards are added or subtracted.
- Play dice games where dice quantities are added together...I also taught them a game where you roll for tens place, roll for ones place, do that twice, then add the two digit numbers...we’ve been practicing carrying.
- Add the value of a pile of coins.
- Practice sight words...if you don’t know what words just reach out to your child's teacher, and they will send you lists for your child.
- Art hub for kids (YouTube) is a great directed drawing outlet...after drawing have them write a story about what is happening in their picture, who/what/where are they/what are they doing.
Username: (Student ID#) @howardele
Password: (Last 4 Digits of Student ID#)